Share Your Story - Laila Oswald, IVF MX



From one infertile couple to you, I want you to know that I know and feel the pain you have been going through, the mental, physical and financial drain this whole process causes. The good thing is that I did find that "light at the end of the tunnel" and because my dreams came true, my mission is now to help others who were at their wits end like I was.
My name is Laila Oswald and I am originally from Mexico (Guadalajara). I married an American (Mike) and although my family is still in Mexico, we currently live in NC. I have suffered from Infertility from day one, PCOS, Endometriosis, blocked tubes, continuous cysts, lots of pain and my age going against me. We successfully conceived our first daughter with the use of Clomid and our second daughter soon after. Then came the SEVEN years of trying, crying and frustration. I know what it's like to wake up month after month and do those pregnancy tests. After a laparoscopy and being told my tubes were completely blocked and my chances of conceiving were not looking good, I decided to research IVF. To my disappointment, it was outrageously priced here in NC and in the entire US. My insurance did not cover it and we were on our own if we wanted to try to have another child.
So long story short, upon a visit to Guadalajara I decided to search the internet for doctors and I was totally shocked at what I found. Not only were most of these doctors trained and certified in the U.S. but they were all using the most modern up to date techniques used here and practiced in state of the art facilities. Believe me, by this time I was an authority on IVF and how the whole thing works-medications, protocols etc. So I decided to contact a doctor that worked through the Infertiliy Institute and I was blown away by the whole conversation. Mike and I signed up for the first try. I figured it would take several tries so I prepared myself. For what it cost here in the U.S. I could try 3-4 times down there. The meds were like a third of what they cost here. So I was just excited and ready to go.

To our amazement and answered prayers, after the first cycle, I became pregnant with my twin girls who are now nearly two. Alison and Melina are God sent and a true miracle. Without modern technology and the fact that
Mexico made it possible, they would not be here and for that I am thankful every single day of my life.


Since my incredible journey, I have been bombarded by people wanting to go the same route I took, so Im trying to make it possible for everyone.
Many friends have contacted doctors down there but because of the language and the “just not knowing what to expect”, I have decided to get several couples together and plan a trip down and start your protocols together. In Mexico they have all the same services as here, IVF, ICSI, donor eggs, donor sperm, PGD but without all the ART regulations which restrict certain treatments in the United States.

My plan is to be there to take care of everything from pickup at and return to the airport, transportation to and from doctors visits, translating medical reports, accommodations, arranging site seeing tours all in the safety of our care. Like I said, I'm from there, I know the ropes, I know where to go and where NOT to go (you really need to be careful about taking taxis and staying in the unsafe areas). This is why I have put this plan in action. My dad lives within walking distance of at least three of these clinics and I have made arrangements with several nice hotels that are nearby, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

I was able to go just one week (about 8 days total) and that’s all that was required for my cycle. You would need to go down for your initial consultation with the doctor with your paperwork (blood work which includes hormone levels, PAP, hepatitis to name a few) from your doctor here and he will set up a protocol for you and give you the meds (which again are a lot cheaper than here).

In the route I took, I had my doctor here monitor me. I only needed two ultrasounds and some blood work and they faxed the results to the doctor in Mexico. That allowed me to stay here at home until the final week. Then you will need to go down just the last week for egg retrieval and they will determine if you have a 3-5 transfer. If you are doing donor eggs, you will be put in a different protocol all of which is explained to you in detail by professional staff.


If you are interested, check out this website. It is full of information, pictures of the facilities, the doctors, hotels, prices and anything you might need to help you decide if this is right for you.

If you are interested in joining us on a visit of IVF clinic's please Email US
OR contact us on our Mexico Message Board Here.
 

MexicoIVF.org. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved by Mexico IVF and Intended Parent Expect Miracles Agency