Monterrey - Share your Story


This story was posted on a message board. She doesn't list the clinic or how to contact her.

svdl



Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 pm Post subject: I just did ivf in Mexico
Reply with quote



Hi,
I know what you mean about the price. I was quoted about 8,000 for just the procedures here in NY.
I just came back from a trip to Monterrey Mexico, I don't know the outcome yet, but regardless I had a great experience. My doctor spoke perfect English, and did his residency in Houston at Columbia Women's Hospital. I have PCOS and he was well versed with the disorder. The aspiration, transfer, blood tests and doctors appointments were about 4,000 usd. The medications for me ended up being about 1,500 usd. Plus two plane tickets at 400 each. My doctor worked with a team who all spoke English and from what I've read, they do everything the same as in the United states, only they have a mandatory 3 days bed rest after the transfer ("common sense" my doctor said, even though he said statistcally it doesn't make a difference).
We also froze our remaining embroyos there for a one time fee of 500 usd and 100 dollars each year after (up to 5 years I think). One thing you have to be VERY careful of in Mexico, it is a catholic country, and abortion is illegal, and this extends to embryoes. This means some hospitals will not destroy your embroyos once you are done, but they get donated. If it is important to you, definitely ask your doctor what his policy is.
Let me know if you want the name of my doctor, I can give you his email.
Good Luck


If you are interested in joining us on a visit of IVF clinic's please Email US
OR contact us on our Mexico Message Board Here.
 

MexicoIVF.org. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved by Mexico IVF and Intended Parent Expect Miracles Agency